Sunday, August 14, 2011

I’ve been doing a lot of outdoor pictures of late that I have taken over the past few months. While I’ve been working on these I’ve been stewing in my mind a series of conceptual pictures that flow from the more esoteric parts of my artistic language. Part of them reflect my German heritage and my interest in imperialism as conveyed in Eastern European visual propaganda from the 30’s and 40’s. I’m exploring, I think, a sort of mental juxtaposition of these themes and how they may relate to today’s political conditions. However, I consider the pictures to be more play than commentary. Through the series I am working with consistent visual objects I’ve found in various places and mixing them with original photographs. The rocket, the buck-tank, the fiery skull-man. As usual, the viewer can draw an imaginative meaning from the symbolic nature of the pictures and titles. I will post this series on this site soon. I have no title for it yet.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home