Monday, September 12, 2005

Inspiration: Steve Roach

I'm obsessed with the music of Steve Roach. He has an extensice catalog and I own many of his CD's. I bought 3 more last night! Roach has inspired a generation of ambient and experimental artists and should be considred one of the godfathers of genre along with Eno and Budd. He has stayed true to his muscial visions - he has no record company telling him what to do. His fan base is rabid and his live performaces border on religious experience. Since I live in a commute intensive city I often listen to his material in my automobile. I also like to listen at night when I'm working. Yes, I often create with Steve Roach playing in the background. Thanks for the inspirations Steve....

View Steve Roach's complete works here:
http://www.timeroom.com/

1 Comments:

Blogger Kafkart said...

The guy's imagination is incredible. He paints with synths.

1:29 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home