Thursday, December 29, 2005

Holiday Rundown

I got an iPod Nano as a gift. I must say the iTunes software leaves a lot to be desired but I am overall happy with the device as opposed to my Sandisk unit which I previously had. The iPod is clearly a cut above in functionality but I truly hate the iTunes software. It sports little in the way of documentation and I had to pretty much learn to use it through trial and error. Apple's attempt to be design chic and minimalist in their packaging essentially gives you these instructions: Plug in iPod, Turn on PC, Follow on screen instructions.

The unit comes in a CD proportioned sized package which holds the unit along with the headphones and USB cable. Here the minimalist chic look works. The unit itself is about as thick as 2 pieces of gum stick. The interface has a color background and is very intuitively navigable though I think it is a bit too touch sensitive. I've loaded more than 2GB though the specs indicate that's all it can support. I'll take the extra space.

I love coffee and I was lucky enough to receive several different flavored packages as gifts this season. I realize I use coffee and alcohol as mood alterants. But then so do millions of Americans. Actually, my alcohol consumption has decreased but I can report no change in my energy level; overall sense of well being, concentration. However, I do know caffeine affects all these things positively, but like any other foreign substance, sensible moderation should be taken into account.

Currently listening to the SDTRK to the film Memento. Earlier I was listening to Klaus Schulze's 3CD set "In Blue." I've obtained an amount of new music lately which is almost too extensive to list now. Here's a quick rundown:
Tangerine Dream - Rubycon
Tiesto - Nyana
R. Thompson - Shadow Gazing
Desideii Marginis - Songs over Ruins
Massive Attack vs. Mad Professor - No Protection
Deep Forest - Best of
Kraftwerk - Minimum Maximum
Foo Fighters - One by One
Brendan Perry - Heart of the Hunter
The Fixx - Happy Landings
Janes Addiction - Nothing's Shocking
Smashing Pumpkins - Greatest Hits

I saw the Chronicles of Narnia tonight. Review to follow soon.

I may become addicted to SuDoku...or Chess.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home